Applications Closed! The MUNDUS 17 project ended on the 14th of July 2013. To learn more about the new projects please visit http://emundus.up.pt
The EM ECW is a cooperation and mobility scheme in the area of higher education cooperation launched by the EuropeAid cooperation Office and implemented by the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA).
The objective of the Programme is to achieve better understanding and mutual enrichment between the European Union and third countries in the field of higher education by promoting the exchange of people, knowledge and skills at a higher education level. This will be achieved through the promotion of partnerships and institutional cooperation exchanges between European Higher Education Institutions and Third Countries institutions within a mobility scheme addressing student and academic exchanges.
The main outcomes of the EM ECW are:
- To enhance the international cooperation capacity of universities in third countries;
- To promote cooperation between European institutions and universities of all over the world;
- To enable students to benefit linguistically, culturally and educationally from the experience of pursuing academic studies in another country, and to promote EU values;
- To improve the transparency and recognition of studies and qualifications, in particular building on the "acquis" and achievements gained of the Bologna process in this area;
- To provide good students from vulnerable groups with higher education;
- To enhance the skills and qualifications of foreign higher education staff members so that they can contribute actively towards improvement of quality;
- To build the capacity of the administration in public and private sector by participation of their staff in higher education mobility activities (especially through doctorate and post-doctorate activities);
- To enhance in the medium term the political, cultural, educational and economical links between the European Union and the Third-countries.
In the case of Brazil, Paraguay and Uruguay, one of the projects approved in the context of the EM ECW will be implemented by a Consortium of European and Latin American universities lead by the University of Porto.
This document aims at providing the prospective applicant with the required information for a successful application. It defines the conditions for eligibility to the scholarships and explains how to fill in and submit the Application Form. It also indicates where to look for further assistance or information.